We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting the personal information we hold about you. This policy explains what information we collect about you, how we collect it, the measures we take in our efforts to keep your information secure and the uses and disclosures we make of it.
When you request to use our services, access our website or otherwise interact with us you consent to our collection, retention and use of your personal information in the manner described in this policy and accept the risks outlined in the Security section.
This policy covers the personal information we collect about you in connection with our services which identifies you as an individual. It does not apply to information that does not personally identify you as an individual, for example, but without limitation, aggregated anonymous information, IP addresses, computer operating systems, personal preferences, etc. We are free to use information that does not identify you as an individual as we wish.
This policy does not apply to information collected by third party social networks (such as Facebook), mobile device manufacturers, third party “mobile apps”, wireless service providers, internet service providers or the operators of any networks through which you may interact with us and we expressly disclaim any responsibility for the information collection, privacy or information security practices of those entities. With regard to pages on third party social networks, this policy only applies to personal information we collect through our pages (those with a direct link to this policy).
WHO WE ARE
We are FinalCall Ops Pty Ltd, which provides and supports a mobile online platform for the auction and private sale of real property in Australia. All references in this policy to “we”, “us” and “our” are to FinalCall Ops Pty Ltd.
CHANGESWe may change this policy from time to time. If we do so, the amended policy will take effect when we post it on our website. This policy was last updated on 8 February 2018.
We collect the personal information we need to provide the services you request from us and for our operational uses in connection with such services, which may include your name, address, date of birth, phone number, email, gender and occupation.
We may also collect your personal information to enable us to verify your identity including information from your passport, driver’s licence and health care cards.
We collect personal information directly from you in connection when register to use our services or make an enquiry. Information includes information you provide:
- When you contact us;
- On our website;
- On our official third party social network pages; and
- Through your web browser.
We also gather personal information about you from a variety of other sources, which may include:
- To the extent you have made such information available, from third party social networks;
- Consumer reporting agencies; and
- Other companies that have business relationships with us, such as our affiliates and business partners.
Cookies help improve the quality of your visits to our website. The information the cookies provide helps us in the development of content and features that may be of interest to you.
- Track your use of our website during a visit, remember the information you provide and the choices you make as you progress from page to page (“session cookies”); and
- Recognise you at your next visit (“persistent cookies”).
Third party cookies may also be used on our website for the purpose of:
- Third parties providing goods or services to you;
- Performing services on our behalf;
- Facilitating business transactions with or through such third parties; and
- Providing advertisements to you.
We try to ensure that the personal information we retain about you is stored securely and is as accurate, current, complete and relevant as necessary for the purposes for which we use and disclose it.
We generally retain personal information about our customers for as long as required or authorised by applicable law.
If you have reason to believe that your personal information retained by us is no longer secure, or is inaccurate you should immediately contact us at email@example.com.
USES AND DISCLOSURES
Your personal information will not be used in a way that is incompatible with the purpose for which it was collected or as authorised by you in this policy. In that regard, by requesting a product or service from us, you consent to our use and disclosure of your personal information for the operational uses listed below which may include disclosure of your information outside your country of residence. We would also like to use and disclose your information for marketing purposes.
To provide you service
We will share your personal information among ourselves, our agents, and other companies to provide services to you, including to:
- Provide you with your requested services;
- Process and/or confirm your transactions;
- Provide you with customer assistance;
- Charge and collect amounts owed in connection with your request for our services;
- For customer satisfaction and market research purposes and to otherwise help us improve our services; and
- To verify your identity;
- To manage our website and its functionality; and
- Facilitate the auction, bidding and offers processes.
To communicate with you
We may use your personal information to communicate with you regarding:
- Your use of our services; or
- Changes to the terms or features of our services.
Disclosure to companies you useWe may also share your information with companies you use in connection with your use of the website and the services we provide, including:
- Your credit card provider and other companies that process your charges;
- Any company or organisation that is paying all or part of your charges or fees; and
- Any intermediary you use, such as an agent, broker, vendor, lawyer or conveyancer, in relation to any aspect of your bidding or property purchase through the use of our website.
Protective and legal uses
We may use, share and disclose your personal information for legal reasons as we believe necessary or appropriate, including:
- under any applicable laws;
- to comply with legal process;
- to respond to requests from public and government authorities;
- to enforce our terms and conditions;
- to recover any monies due, such as through debt collection agencies;
- to protect our operations;
- to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property; and
- to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Disclosure to our service providers and agents
We may use other companies as our service providers or agents to act on our behalf and assist us in the conduct of our business, performing services for us under our instruction. These services may include banking and transaction services, mailing, administration, account management, settlement services, customer verification, customer complaints, hosting certain websites or databases, operating applications for us on our social media networks’ pages, sending marketing communications, carrying out information analysis and conducting customer satisfaction surveys or other research and improving the products and services we provide.
Disclosure for corporate and transactional purposes
We may disclose your personal information to a third party in connection with any contemplated or actual reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Marketing Uses and Disclosures
We may aggregate your personal information and use it to develop marketing programs and service offerings that we believe may be of interest to you. We would like to send these to you by email, by text message or by mail. We would also like to share your personal information with our affiliates, business partners and other third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS or email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2004 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
Our marketing emails contain an unsubscribe option. If you do not want us to continue to send marketing emails to your email address, click on ‘unsubscribe’ and we will not send further marketing emails to that address, although you may still receive emails at other addresses for which you have not unsubscribed.
We hope this policy answers your questions about our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. If you have additional questions or want to contact us for a specific purpose, please select from the following:
Access/Corrections: Please send any request to access or correct personal information we hold about you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complaints and other questions: You should send any questions you may have about this policy or any complaints you have about how we have handled your personal information to the contact address below. If you feel our response is not satisfactory, we may refer you to a neutral and independent dispute resolution organisation, where available.Security: If you have reason to believe that the personal information we hold about you is no longer secure, you contact us at email@example.com